Wednesday, September 16, 2015

4.3 Thoughts on Drafting


I have found power in being able to have a good Quick Reference Guide (QRG) with a good thesis and introduction. From my observations, the most important component for a QRG is the organization of the information. In order to have flow, remain concise, avoid assumptions in knowledge and have a consistent pace, there must be a way to plan your writing beforehand. However I can see that using the PIE format could lead to lengthy paragraphs on a document that is supposed to condense and be clear.

After reading Steven Duron's and Oscar Acosta's blog post I realized that I should make sure I use PIE to it's fullest potential and also gave them tips on having an easier time writing their introduction and conclusion.

thing to reevaluate in my draft:
1)PIE check my draft
2)transition sentences
3)check for better imagary

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the PIE format is the biggest take away from the book. It helps with being concise and keeping organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of using the PIE format could possibly hinder you when wanting to use a condensed version rather than writing a book. I would guess then that for this subject, QRG, a PIE format isn't really necessary.

    ReplyDelete