Thursday, September 24, 2015

5.6 Reflection on Project 1.

  • What challenges did you face during the Quick Reference Guide project and how did you deal with them? 
    • I think my biggest challenge was incorporating quotes and identifying sentence structure. I took extra time in thesse areas to make sure I did them correctly.
  • What successes did you experience on the project and how did they happen?
    • I got a wealth of great feedback from my peers and apparently it was even a good example for on of the students to work off for her QRG.
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find the most effective for your project? Why?
    • I think the success was found after the suggestion to make an annotated bibliography. It kept me disciplined enough to thoroughly understand the content of each of my sources and utilize them correctly in my QRG.
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find were not effective for your project? Why?
    • I think that our limitation to use google drive hindered our ability to have a more artistic, marketable QRG. Maybe using a publishing editor would be better.
  • How was the writing process for this project similar to other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past?
    • The process was only similar in that it was only guided with 3 steps: outline, draft, and submission.
  • How was the writing process for this project different from other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past?
    • The biggest was the annotated bibliography and utilizing google drive.
  • Would any of the skills you practiced for this project be useful in your other coursework? Why or why not?
    • I honestly enjoyed the methodical and algorithmic approach to writing this paper. It is quite possibly the easiest and best paper I have ever written. So yes I will be using most of these skills on future projects.

1 comment:

  1. You could have asked to use a more robust composing environment... :-)

    ReplyDelete