Thursday, November 19, 2015

13.2 Punctuation, Part 2

Quotation marks - I learned that single quotation marks are used to quote within a quote. I also learned when an end punctuation should be inside or outside the end quote. I think a big lesson was learning that quoting slang is a big "no-no."

End Punctuation - I learned that you shouldn't use excessive exclamation marks and that question marks may be omitted is said as a statement.

Parenthesis - I learned that is can be used for additional information and after thoughts.

I learned that my paper has already been mostly corrected for punctuation so I focused on transitions and flow.

I corrected end punctuation
Original:10 PM to 4 AM
New: 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.

I used a comma between all items in a series.
Original: The mountain is deeply respected and worshipped and it is reserved for special ceremonies, shrines, prayer and burial of ancestors
New: The mountain is deeply respected, worshipped, and reserved for shrines, prayer, special ceremonies, and burial of ancestors.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the topics you chose! You did a great job explaining in detail what each of the topics are and what you learned. I also like how you gave an example of what you fixed in your essay! Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete