Friday, October 30, 2015

10. 4 Analyzing Purpose.


1) I hope that my public argument will encourage native hawaiian to join in activism and have their voice be heard by the governor of the state of Hawaii.

2) Plausible reactions:
Wanting to write a letter to the governor
Wanting to oppose the article's claim/appeal to act
Not plausible:
The TMT controversy is solved

3)
From plausible reactions, likely consequences are:
Letters will be written to the Governor
The TMT board has already been granted a building permit.
The public already had it's chance to oppose the building.
The university has control of the land.
The governor has already made a deal.
The governor will revoke the building permit.
A riot will take place at the governor's office.

4) I think my audience with be Native Hawaiian who do not know much about the ability to write letters to the governor.

1 comment:

  1. I really all of your responses! I personally like the first one the best. "I hope that my public argument will encourage native hawaiian to join in activism and have their voice be heard by the governor of the state of Hawaii." (Rocha, 2015) That is well written and very meaningful. :)

    ReplyDelete